New Year, New Goals, Same Me
I don’t know about you, but 2017 was a freaking incredible year. To be perfectly honest, the past few years were a little rocky, and each time January rolled around, I found myself anxious about what the next 365 days had in store. This year, however, I started 2018 with the shocking realization that I’m excited about the new year. Maybe it’s because of our new life in Austria OR because I spent New Year’s on the beautiful island of Malta…but if 2018 is even half as amazing as 2017, then this will be one for the books.
In case you’re interested, we accomplished a lot in 2017…
- My business doubled in size, I hired an intern, and Andy started a super successful business. Needless to say, we are both so thankful that our day jobs reflect our passions!
- We traveled a ton. In the U.S., we hit up Las Vegas, Orlando, Los Angeles, Boise (where we saw the solar eclipse reach totality), and Bend. Once we arrived in Europe, we saw Frankfurt, Vienna, Graz, Munich, Salzburg, and Malta.
- Thanks to a strict budget, we were able to accomplished financial goals that we set at the beginning of 2017. I can also proudly say that we have been debt-free for two years, and it feels great!
- Even though we didn’t loooooove living in Nevada, I made a few lifelong friends (you know who you are) that made leaving extraordinarily difficult. Fingers crossed they love me enough to visit!
- And let’s just state the obvious…moving to Austria was the biggest milestone (and accomplishment) of 2017. We did it all ourselves; between the visas, car, cat, luggage, and housing, we both made sure to do the research to ensure an easy transition. Thankfully it all paid off…can you believe we have already been here for 5 months?!
As eventful as 2017 was, we have some things we want to accomplish this year…
- Travel more. We have dubbed 2018 as the year of travel, and have many countries lined up on the agenda. In the spring, we will be visiting Amsterdam, Brussels, Wurzburg, and Budapest (not including other locations throughout February and March). We also have been planning an incredible trip to Greece which we couldn’t be more excited about! Stay tuned for lots of travel posts coming your way this year.
- Continued business growth. I would like to pick up a few more clients, as well as add another intern to my team, and Andy always has ventures on the horizon. This will be an exciting year for us in terms of work!
- Learn German. I’m being honest; I haven’t even touched a German language course since moving here. I work 45 hours a week with my job, and once the weekend hits, I just want to cuddle with Zoe and read a good book. But this year, I want to make a solid effort to become partially fluent, so I signed up for DuoLingo to see if I can make progress on my own time. Since I live in a German-speaking country, I can already say a few phrases and even understand sentences, which is a big step, but I’m anxious to see how much I learn through practice.
- Blog once a week. Due to my crazy work hours, the holiday season, and random trips, I haven’t blogged nearly as much as I would like. So, this year I’m going to try to blog at least once a week. I have lots of ideas, but if you have any suggestions, let me know!
- Read more books. For those of you who know me, I’m a HUGE reader. Like, big. Reading is one of my favorite pastimes, and I love challenging my mind to transport me into another world. I read a lot in 2017, but I want to do even more this year! Do you have a favorite book (or five) that I should add to my list?
- Decorate. We are moving to a new apartment in a few months, and I can’t wait to let my creative juices flow! As some of you may know, we gave away everything we owned when moving to Austria, so all we have is four suitcases and a cat. Once we get the keys, you can bet your booty I’ll spend my weekends shopping!
Here’s to the best year yet! What are some things you are excited for in 2018?