Winter 2018 Beauty Favorites
Winter has never been my favorite season. Granted, I enjoy the snow and cozy nights in, but the brutal cold, dark days, and bare landscapes have a way of making the months drag on. Needless to say, it’s not fun to travel in the winter, so while I’m waiting on our next adventure (come on, April!), I thought I would share what beauty products I’ve been loving the past few months.
Disclaimer: I believe that skincare is an investment, and since we only get one set of skin, I invest in my products because I know it will pay off over time.
- Exfoliator. Since I have dry skin, I exfoliate three to four times per week. Organic sugar and olive oil works fine, but I keep going back to my ExfoliKate. Honestly, this is the best exfoliator I’ve found, and it’s 100% worth the splurge! If you’re not ready to make the commitment, try out the sample size from Sephora. I was skeptical too, but I was hooked after the first use! It’s raved about for a reason. Unfortunately, I just ran out, so I’m (not so) patiently waiting on my order to show up.
- Serum. I use this serum morning and night, and my skin drinks it up! This ran out a few months ago, and I noticed a big (aka negative) difference in the appearance and texture of my skin when I stopped using it. I tried to use a few other serums, but they were too heavy and oily, which left me with a lot of clogged pores and tired looking skin. So, I went back to this serum and my skin is now back to normal. My skin feels like it just drank half a gallon of water after each use, and it feels soft and hydrated. I can’t get enough!
- Moisturizer. I never used to be a big believer in high-end moisturizers, as I felt they never meshed with my skin. However, my life changed when I tried the Tatcha water cream last year; it literally did wonders for my dry patches! Unfortunately, I couldn’t find it anywhere in Austria (and international shipping from Sephora is a total pain), so I was on the hunt for the next best thing, and I finally found it in Lancome. This product is so similar to the Tatcha, and it’s worth every penny. My skin literally glows after using it and, combined with my serum, I’m hydrated all day long!
- Clearing treatment. Clogged pores? Tired skin? Glam Glow is the answer to all of your problems. I use this twice a week and it’s one of those products I will always repurchase. It’s a must-have in my skincare routine!
- Body butter. Guys…I’ve literally found THE PERFECT lotion. If you’re looking for something that keeps you moisturized and smelling good for 24 hours, then this body butter is for you. Once I discovered it, I got my mom and my friends hooked on it, so you have to try it out! It literally smells like a beach vacation and I’m so obsessed. I’m a sucker for anything fragrant, and if scented products make my skin feel extra soft, that’s an even bigger bonus!
- Perfume. Like I said earlier, smelling good is a must for me, and this perfume from Gucci has been my favorite for the past few months. In the winter, I gravitate towards warmer scents (think Flowerbomb), so if you’re into warm floral scents, then this is for you. Gucci Bamboo has notes of bergamot, lily, sandalwood, and vanilla, and I get compliments each time I wear it.
- MAC fix+. This is an oldie, but a goodie! I simply can’t live without this stuff. Whether I use it as a hydrating primer, a glow enhancer, or a light refresher throughout the day, this is something I will always repurchase.
- Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation. I have really dry skin, and I always look for ways to bring that moisture back into my face…especially in the winter. When we were in Munich a few months ago, we stopped in a department store that sold some of my favorite brands and I immediately ran to the Smashbox counter. I’d had my eye on this foundation for awhile, so I decided to pick it up and I’m really glad I did! It’s medium to full coverage, feels great on the skin, and looks flawless all day long. Need I say more?! It’s perfect for this time of year, and I will continue to use this into the spring.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes. I picked this limited edition blush palette up during the Sephora VIB Rouge sale in November, and I can’t get enough! I’ve always loved Tarte (their Rainforest of the Sea foundation is one of my all-time faves), and their holiday collection is always bomb. I use this almost every time I put on makeup, and it stays looking flawless all day long. The good news? The palette is just as good (and long-lasting) as the regular Amazonian clay blushes, so do yourself a favor and pick one up! Best. Blush. Ever.
- Lips. I’ve always been a lipstick lover–liquid lip, gloss, liner, you name it–but my collection has really grown the past two years and I love it! My current go-to’s are Huda Beauty lip contour set in Trendsetter and Bombshell (bottom and far left), Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in 1993 (second from left), Too Faced melted lipstick in Melted Chihuahua (middle), and Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita (far right). But, if I could pick my most-worn, it would be the Urban Decay. It’s the perfect color and undertone for my skin, and it’s long-wearing without being drying, which makes it great for everyday wear!
What are some beauty favorites you’re loving this winter? Let me know!